Monday, July 12, 2010

Potato Soup and a Runny Banana Cream Pie?

I don't understand how 3 1/2 to 4 tablespoons of cornstarch results in a wiggly, kind of runny banana cream pie. It could be that I just am not waiting long enough and it hasn't cooled and settled entirely...but I am pretty sure it is just runny. Ugh.
I have potato soup on the go for supper, which is an excellent usage for left over mashed potatoes, bacon (though I didn't have any to add this time around) and even things like sour cream or cream cheese. I added a little cream cheese to my soup, to help it be rich and creamy. It was also because I had it in my fridge and needed to get rid of it! It's also perfect for yet another rainy day. Comfort food? FTW! It hasn't stopped raining since Saturday and by this point I'll be surprised when it does. =(
I have been having some sore muscles in my calves today. I have no idea what this is from as my physical activity is restricted to my basement apartment hallway, and the stairs up to the laundry. My only possible suspicion is that when I am sitting at m desk I cross my legs. Whatever the cause, I have found a use for my broken phone - a massager! It had to be good for something...
Another thing I noticed is that on my right side, right beneath my ribs I get this stiff pain and sometimes an ache. When I move my ribs different ways it hurts. When I press on it, it feels almost as firm as my ribs. Any ideas as to what this could be? I am clueless...I think that your kidney and gall bladder are located there. I have read different things from complaints by pregnant women. Usually preggers have this complaint near 30 weeks though.
On a more positive note, last night I was trying to feel the baby before I fell asleep. I must have had my thumb in the perfect position because I could feel and hear its little heart beat just a going. Very exciting, I've never felt its heart beat before (though I have heard it - at 10 weeks!). I know it wasn't my heartbeat because I had been feeling it minutes before. I am about 12 1/2 weeks, and though women usually don't feel anything until the 14th week some women can feel the baby as early as the 9th week! Crazy! I don't feel anything unless I am pressing down, skin to skin. Sometimes the baby is sleeping or quiet, and other times I feel a lot of activity. I find I get the best results when laying down on my tummy.
I wonder if there are any other good tactics for getting a result. My grandmother on the husbands side says that drinking cold water will make the baby move. What have you heard?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not saying it was not the baby's heartbeat, so please don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to be sarcastic. But when I was in nursing school and they were teaching us to take pulse's, they always reminded us not to put our thumb down, because our thumb had a pulse in it. It still might have been the baby's but I thought I would throw that in there. Now when you feel a good swift kick in the belly, now that is the baby.
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete