Friday, July 9, 2010

Differences I've noticed

I sleep a ridiculous amount these days. I usually go to bed around 10pm and sleep until at least 8:30am. If I get up at 8:30am then I can make it through the day with no naps. But if I choose to sleep longer, even as little as another half an hour I feel sluggish. And I have to nap, or continue sleeping for another hour or two before I feel good.
I used to get restless leg syndrome if I didn't go for walks or do something active during the day. I find now that I usually have no desire to go for walks (I suppose it doesn't help that it is either much too hot for a walk, or much to cold and wet) and that even if I don't do much all day I don't get RLS. I have also noticed that if I do have to go out, driving around and running errands it just exhausts me.
I wonder if I have gotten used to being at home (I have been unemployed for about half the month of june and all of july so far, aside from freelance writing) or if it's the pregnancy. Some days I still feel restless and need to get out of the house.
I have an active kind of personality so that is normal for me. Other days I find I have no desire for this and other days it is just as strong if not stronger than pre-pregnancy.
Another thing that drives me crazy is sound. I've been having a lot of headaches and my husband jokes about how I am like a grandmother because I mute commercials but I honestly can't stand them.
One thing that drives my husband crazy is I usually have no desire to finish my meals or snacks. Even tea (before 3pm) I get about halfway through and have to dump out. I do not enjoy wasting food, so I usually put it in a container and enjoy it later. Maybe because I am not puking my body is being selective.
I don't find that I have to pee frequently because, well, I always have to pee frequently - pregnant or not. I have a tendency to drink too much water. I am the notorious, annoying passenger on a roadtrip who stops to go to the bathroom and downs an entire bottle of water before getting back in the vehicle.
These are all pretty general differences I've noticed in myself. They vary from day to day...some days I pee less, eat more etc. But as a general rule of thumb, this is the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment