Sunday, July 4, 2010

Poor Husband

My husband and I had an interesting argument earlier today. It began with him not eating lunch (we had a late, large pancake breakfast) and rummaging in the snack drawer. He chose the half empty bag of salt and vinegar chips, which he had bought for my cravings this past weekend. He then proceeded to sit down on the couch next to me, and eat them in front of me. I felt there was an injustice happening, "But you didn't eat lunch! That's not healthy! You need to take care of your body." My stomach suddenly felt empty even though I had just eaten lunch. The first attempt didn't work, he just kept eating. Crunch...crackle, crunch crunch. I was getting madder by the second. Then I tried "Why don't you eat the leftovers in the fridge that are from dinner on Friday night?" More crackling and crunching, "Well that was your dinner...And you slobbered all over it."
If there was a thermometer beside my head it would have exploded (like they do in cartoons). I was livid! He makes out with me all the time, since when is slobber an issue? "Well I slobbered all over those chips!" Aha! Got him! "Yup. I did, mhmm!! I licked every finger and then I put them back in the bag! Now hows that for disgusting? Don't you want to stop eating them now?" I was secretly gloating in my good argument, thinking I'd won my case. To my dismay he responded, "Naw." and just kept on eating them.
Finally I looked at him, probably with crazy eyes, you know, similar to an addict in withdrawal, and shouted "I just want some chips! Gimme some!!!!!" He looked at me, cocked a brow and calmly passed the chips over to me. An immediate feeling of calm swept over me as I grabbed a handful of chips.
And there it was. As soon as that ugly hormonal monster reared its head, it was put to sleep. I didn't care he hadn't eaten lunch, or that I would have to face the leftovers later. Nothing mattered. I think the best part was, after eating a couple I was totally turned off by them and didn't even care if he ate the rest of the bag.

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Mailbox Monday. New follower on GFC. Didn't see a subscribe by email button, or twitter, etc. If you have them, let me know & I'll follow! :) Nice Blog!
    http://mycraftymom.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I would have laughed if I had done that to my dh! He wouldn't have appreciated it, but I wouldn't have been able to stop myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Soul, to be honest I am a total newbie and I have no idea how to get a subscribe by email button :S Help?
    Shell, trust me - I couldn't stop. I felt so bad but really it was just too funny

    ReplyDelete