Sunday, July 11, 2010

Banana Pudding

Why is every recipe online for 'Banana Pudding' a recipe which includes vanilla wafers, sweetened condensed milk or whipped cream and sliced bananas? It actually sounds rather repulsive to me. From what I understand it's some kind of Southern (United States) recipe.
What I have actually been looking for is a recipe to make homemade banana cream pie, with a graham wafer crust, banana pudding and whipped cream on top. No sliced bananas here.
The first recipe I attempted had no milk in it, just pureed bananas and corn starch and some sugar. I really should have thought about it and figured out that it wouldn't be delicious. So my poor husband choked through a piece of nasty pureed, custardy bananas. I also thought it would be a good idea to put some melted chocolate on top. Well me, being a little bit dense today (apparently) melted mint chocolate on top...DISGUSTING. What a disgusting combination. Yuck!
Maybe I will try again tomorrow.


On a positive note, thanks for clicking my ads! I am almost at 50.00 already! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment