Monday, July 5, 2010

The Hormone Monster

I know I am still in the first trimester, but I am feeling a little confused. The Hormone Monster is in full force these days. I woke up feeling off, spent some time following other momblogs this morning and looked for work. By then it was around 11am, and I was feeling awful, and depressed to boot. My head was pounding, I felt like I had three hours of sleep. So, I went back to bed for a nap. I woke up at 1:15pm. That was a good two hour nap, the best part was I didn't even wake up feeling tired. I felt way better, which is odd because I had a good 8 hour sleep the night before.
My question is, why do I have this impression that pregnancy is a peaceful, happy period of 9 months? I remember my sister in this peaceful serenity during her pregnancies. Am I not embracing it? Does it get better after the first trimester? Is it different based on what you're having? I know that my sister had different symptoms with her boys than with her girl. I haven't been puking, so I don't really have an excuse other than raging hormones. But bad skin, hormones, lack of sleep and wanting sleep...bloating, gasiness, feeling upset because none of my clothes fit, sore breasts - need I go on - will these pass?
I certainly hope so. What are your experiences of pregnancy? Did you find a difference between what the sex of your baby was?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it will pass. The First Trimester is always the worse. The Second is peaceful, and the Third makes the first look like a walk in the park, lol. There were many similarities between my pregnancies, but there were differences as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends who you are and how your body is. The first trimester for me was the best! The only thing is a had to use the bathroom a lot, but other than that it was great!! No morning sickness, peaceful sleeping (other than getting up to use the bathroom). My second trimester my sciatic nerve started bugging me and I started walking funny since my back was in pain. My 3rd...forget it! I was in the recliner since I couldn't sleep in a bed any longer. I needed help walking to the bathroom, i couldnt sleep well and was always tired. I hope everything gets better and your 2nd and 3rd are better than the 1st trimester!

    ReplyDelete